Friday, December 3, 2010

thinking spring things

Unlike some of my fellow waiting ladies, I don't have a specific date in mind for us to get married.  I do have specific thoughts about seasons though.  I think I'd most like to get married in the spring ,when you can be outside without it being too hot and when everything gets all nice and green again.  I love the romance of spring, and I think the season would go well with the other images I have in mind.

When it comes to color, I alternate between a couple of general color palettes.  I found this amazing website called The Perfect Palette that has all sorts of great inspiration boards for any color palette you can imagine, and it's led me to thinking toward two different schemes.

All pictures in this thread are examples from Perfect Palette - not my own!  :)

First there's the very pastel, romantic route...

Source: The Perfect Palette

I love this combination of the aqua blue and the pale spring green.  I *love* green flowers - especially things like green roses and orchids.  This palette is clean and fresh and seems perfect for a spring ceremony.


Next is something a little brighter...
http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2010/07/orange-aqua-island-wedding.html

I think this is perfect for a beach wedding...which I won't be having...but I still really enjoy the color palette.  Take out some of the orange and add in some yellow and this is something I would consider.


If I wanted to get married in the fall, I would totally go for something like this!
    
http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2010/03/western-wedding-shades-of-orange-teal.html   
Love it!  So rustic and rich and awesome.  If for some reason we end up having a DW, this will be a leading color palette.

What color palette puts your imagination into overdrive?

2 comments:

  1. :) Hi there! Its Bellanouva

    Wow those are some beautiful inspiration boards :)I never would have thought of using the orange, but I guess it makes sense cus they are actually colour compliments on the colour wheel! (I have a background in art :P)

    On that note, I will have to bookmark this and see what else you come up with!...nice blog layout btw, very fitting lol!

    Cheers!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog on the Bee and just wanted to say hi! I look forward to reading more...

    I love the first color palette... it's so romantic and makes me swoon :D

    P.S.I love ranunculus

    ReplyDelete