Friday, December 3, 2010

Very thankful indeed...

I haven't been good about coming here to blog!  I think there have just been so many thoughts racing through my mind that I couldn't figure out how to begin to get them out in coherent sentences.

Thanksgiving was wonderful.  G. came here to spend the holiday with my family.  Lots of people came from out of town.  We made tons of delicious food, enjoyed a couple of hockey games and even got out to do some holiday shopping.

My big Thanksgiving wish came true!  G. *finally* talked to my Dad.  I knew this was something that would be a prelude to us getting engaged, and it was the big sign I was waiting for to reassure me that things were underway.

Permission has been granted, and much to my complete and utter shock all signs point to things happening before the end of the year!  I was totally resigned to waiting through the holidays, and now my heart is all aflutter with crazy anticipation.

I'm leaving bright and early Tuesday morning to venture back to the great white north.  From there G. and I will travel to his familys house in Texas.  Then I'll return home before the end of the year.  This could mean that sometime in that three week period my wait will come to an end!

It's left me feeling both incredibly excited and a little scared.  This will be the beginning of so many huge changes.  There's so much gravity to it all that it sort of overwhelms me when I think about it too much.  I've lived in the same city and surrounding suburbs since I was 4 years old, and in about a year I will be moving thousands of miles away to a city I have dreamt about living in.

It's a lot to process - absolutely amazing and almost too good to be true.

I really want to make sure I enjoy every minute of what's to come.  I'll be opening a whole new chapter of my life and saying goodbye to the place that's been my home for 26 years.

In a lot of ways, even though I am an "adult" I still frequently feel like a kid.  Part of it is still being in school, part of it is my personality I think.  Either way, moving forward with this huge step in life makes me feel very adult all of a sudden, and also really old.  Not in a bad way at all - I am very thankful and excited about what is to come.

So...I feel slightly more justified in my wedding daydreams.  The crazy part is that it may not be too long before I can be planning for real!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on the weddingbee post and am following now. You must be very excited that G spoke with your family over the holidays. I am looking forward to reading more about your plans. :-)

    ReplyDelete